Lisa Grace, Author of
The Angel Series
How Real Science Proves
1) Hi Lisa, I'm sure everyone wants to know—your favorite type of dolphins: deep water or coastal?
Coastal, hands down. My daughter and I, she's ten, have just gotten into paddle boarding and try to get as close as we can. We live right on a canal on the Gulf Coast of Florida, and I'm a nut for wildlife.
2) What sets you apart from all the other coffee swilling authors out there and more importantly, do any of your books include coffee drinkers?
Dunkin' Donuts is my favorite commercial brand. Arabica beans if I can't get organic small farm Costa Rican ones. I have this fascination with Costa Rica ever since I saw those islands from the plane view in Jurassic Park. Luckily, my
history mystery romance novel True Treasure, about a naval officer who is falsely accused of being a pirate, is set there.
3) So are you a Christian writer? And rumor has it the first thing you grabbed after being born, was a pencil.
Well, yes, I am, and that's true, it's a rumor. I'm sure now a days I would have reached for a smart phone and started typing out my own baby alphabet, after I drooled on it for a while first. Yes, I'm a Christian writer and to prove it, I wrote this fun little book, How Real Science Proves The Bible. I get really sick of "theories" which just means "Hey, other scientists, I have an idea I can't prove!" I call them quicksand theories. It's only $3.49 as an ebook, and contains years of my research. http://www.amazon.com/Real-Science-Proves-Bible-Grace-ebook/dp/B00LYP81CE/
4) What about this movie deal you have for a hymn writing parrot, how's that going?
Actually, it's my angel series that's been optioned for a major movie. You can get the first book free here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0052AI5W8 or from any major ebook retailer.
But does it have a parrot in it? No, but it does have an opossum in the second book, Angel in the Storm,
maybe that's what your thinking of. I had a pet opossum for 4 years. He was a great pet.
5) I've heard you live right next to the Twilight Zone. Have you ever had a snake dropped on your head or a gator swimming in your pool?
No, but a snake did fall on my sister-in-law's head from the door overhang when she opened her front door, and she had a gator that would skinny dip in her pool. I think she lives closer to the twilight zone than I do. Of course, no one has it as wild and crazy as Cam does in my YA series FEUDAL LAND. It's about her life during the end times as everything falls apart here, in America. I release a new section every two weeks and they're for sale for 99 cents each on Amazon.
6) So any special quirks you have while writing?
I like to watch Life Below Zero free on Hulu while I write. All that snow is the perfect background noise. I can pay attention or not, and I just can't believe people enjoy, and thrive living that way. Visiting Sue at Kavik River Camp is
now on my bucket list.
Lisa Grace Angel In The Shadows, Book 1 - Free
The difference between vampires and angels? Angels are real.