Individual angels From the Jewish Encyclopedia, entry "angelology".
- Michael (translation: who is like God?), kindness of God *
- Gabriel (archangel) (translation: the strength of God), performs acts of justice and power *
- Raphael (translation: God Heals), God's healing force
- Uriel (translation: God is my light), leads us to destiny
- Samael (translation: the severity of God), angel of death—see also Malach HaMavet (translation: the angel of death)
- Sandalphon (translation: bringing together), battles Samael and brings mankind together
- Jophiel (translation: Beauty of God), expelled Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden holding a flaming sword and punishes those who transgress against God
- Metatron (translation is disputed, may mean "keeper of the watch", "guardian", or "he who sits behind the throne of Heaven"), God's heavenly scribe recording the deeds of all that is done in Earth and Heaven and all of Creation.